I personally don't do this kinda thing. But after being tagged by my former teacher (not really tho), Ms. Novia Rozet, I got intrigued to do this meme. It's pretty fun. She told me to post it with full English and I'm not that expert, so bear with me with my English.
1. I don't really remember what was the first movie I watched back then, but I'm pretty sure it was Jumanji. And I think it was the movie responsible for my hobby of watching movies. Until this day, I still laugh my ass off every time I watch it.
2. I love thrillers, mysteries and detective stories. A brilliant twist at the end is a plus. But other than that, I'm a universal watcher. Horror, romance, drama, comedy, gore, action, GIMME!
3. I give movies the term 'my favorite' so easily. The truth is: most of them were forgotten after 2-3 weeks. A bad habit, I know. Only a few movies that still stay on that spot.
4. ...and one of them is The Shawshank Redemption.
5. My first experience going to the cinema with my friends was to watch The Tuxedo, starred Jackie Chan and Jennifer Love-Hewitt. I think I was still in the 4th grade.
6. I collect an Indonesian movie magazine, Cinemags, from the Black Hawk Down edition. It was released in 2001. And from that edition until now, I've NEVER missed one copy of the magazine. But now I'm thinking to change subscriptions.
7. Just like Ms. Novroz, I never actually like my own country's flicks. I got disappointed by watching them every now and then. I know they're improving right now, but I think it'll take me a long time until I fully appreciate them. Okay, no offense I just hate people telling me "If you, as an Indonesian, don't watch it, who else? Good quality Indonesian movies are not exist because lack of audiences" DON'T BE SUCH A WHINY-ASS!
8. The aspects of a movie that I'll consider to be my favorite are: convinced acting, great story, brilliant dialogs, inspirational and moving, and the most important is: it has to effect me big time in a good way.
9. My 2 biggest and most favorite guilty pleasures are: Legally Blonde and The Princess' Diaries. LOL. Judge me whatever you like, but I enjoy watching those movies.
10. The actor/actress is not really the reason I will watch one particular movie. I do have favorite actors and actresses though.
I should tag someone with this post, but I don't know who I have to tag. Sorry Miss :) I think I'll tag all my Indonesian movie-blogger friends. Or everyone who read this, consider yourselves are already tagged!
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
5 hours ago